Monday 9 July 2007

The Devil's to pay!


Welcome. An irregular blog documenting my long term objective to paint up all the figures required to game the 1st day of Gettysburg.
I decided to use Fire and Fury conventions for basing with 28mm Foundry figures. The Perry sculpted range has a number of advantages. Primarily, they are in my opinion (it is a blog after all, so occasionally opinions may be expressed!) some of the nicest sculpts available for this period. Secondly, it's a large range which is relatively complete. There are some omissions - dismounted Rebel cavalry, US Coloured troops, Western theatre Union troops in slouches etc, but thankfully most of these missing troop types don't feature at Gettysburg. The 14th Brooklyn, the 'Red Legged Devils' are one unit which will need to be converted. This brings me to the last factor in choosing this range. The Perry's output for Foundry and their own company provides huge potential for conversions, especially for the accurate portrayal of personalities.
Apart from providing a record of the regiments as they are completed, hopefully this blog will encourage me to adopt a more disciplined approach to painting. I do paint other things too, and I find that a break from 'the blue and the grey' helps retain focus, so I'll probably post a few images of other things along the way. As someone who can't resist a bargain, I have large reserves of Foundry Napoleonic Bavarians, Romans and Dacians, ECWs, AWIs and Perry Ashigaru. Add to these a large lot of Foundry Indian Mutiny I recently got off ebay, I'm not likely to be finished any time soon!

1 comment: