Saturday 29 November 2008

Roman EIR work in progress

A few months ago I posted an entry about a Roman unit I was painting up to see how quickly I could complete them. As with most things, it took a lot longer than planned...

Even now, they aren't quite complete - the scuta (shields) desperately need transfers - if anyone has any going spare please get into contact!

The pila also need to be attached, static grass applied to the bases & I'm probably going to do another layer on the tunics.

Painting this number of figures at the same time requires a certain degree of discipline - but I'm reasonably happy with the results.

I've already started on a unit of 24 Pretorians & a smaller unit of archers. Over the Xmas holidays, my painting schedule has been cleared to finish off the remaining Romans, so hopefully I'll have about 150 done by January...

No comments: